i can't wait to have actual free time on my hands. i'm spending what little time i do have outside of work catching up with friends, seeing jj, or trying to catch my mom and sister on skype or gchat. may is almost over and i've been booked and will be booked solid until the weekend of june 12th, even though the last day of school is june 3rd (stupid post-work trainings!). kinsey and kevin get married june 11th, and after the wedding in dallas my summer will officially begin. think books, barton springs, and sno beach!
so, what have i done towards achieving my goals? not much. i've eaten at another new restaurant (shoal creek saloon; even though their website is ghetto, the restaurant itself was great and they had cheap wine so i'll be going back there for sure), and i've been riding my bike everywhere when i'm at jj's. other than that i'm failing pretty miserably. but, considering i have until october 2012 to complete everything, i think i'll be fine.
in totally unrelated news, my friend imogen's father is astronaut piers sellers and he is currently orbiting the earth in the atlantis space shuttle. as if that's not a big enough deal, piers took my flat stanley to space with him. for those of you who don't know what flat stanley is, you can read about him here, on my teaching website. the flat stanley that is pictured on the page is the same one that's up in space right now, and i can't wait until he comes back, hopefully with pictures of him on the space station with piers and crew. is it weird to be jealous of a laminated paper doll? because i am.
now: back to work. june 3rd can't come soon enough.
2 comments:
Hi Katherine
You were at my blog recently, Skincare-inthecity, I saw that you blogged and I came for a visit.
I do know Flat Stanley, two of my nieces schools in West Hartford, Ct also have Flat Stanley, and I took Flat Stanley on an exciting tour of NYC, where I live, that does NOT compare to the space shutttle. :)
I also joined your google followers.
Have a great weekend!
Pamela
Hi Katherine! First of all - I *adore* your blog header image, and your blog title. And secondly, ahh, free time! I recently cut out some paid working hours, if you can believe that, just to make more time for reading. Totally. Worth it.
Finally - DUDE. How badass is it that your Flat Stanley is in space?! You have to hang on to that little guy forever! And maybe make him a little space suit!!
Post a Comment