has been awesome.
this happened:
and i haven't stopped feeling the love since. never in my whole entire life have i felt so appreciated, special, and honored. to win this in my fourth year of teaching means i'm doing something right, and i'm meant to keep doing it.
as i'm working on my teacher of the year application for my district, i've been thinking about what i should include when describing and talking about myself. all i can keep thinking about is this:
"my grandma said that most teachers focus on the bad, but you're different because you focus on the
good."
during my first year of teaching, sam, one of my students, told me that. all i want to do in life -- as a person and as a teacher -- is to keep doing what sam said.
also, i can't stop listening to this:
4 comments:
Ms. Reynolds, you're the bomb! Congrats on such a well-deserved honor. It's comforting to know our nation's youth is being shaped and molded by people who care. Keep on doing your thing!
I'm so happy for you - this is just so amazing!! :)
Good for you! What an accomplishment so young in your career! I bet you are a fabulous teacher.
Congrats! As a teacher ( a new one at that) I know how it can feel to work and work and work as hard as you can and still wonder if you are doing enough. I think we teachers all need a pat on the back once and a while and I am so glad you got yours! I am a new follower of your blog and I look forward to reading more :)
Post a Comment